An exterior home improvement project is a significant undertaking. Preparing for your project is important. To avoid damage to your possessions, please take the following precautions prior to our visit.
Preparing for Your Project With L.H. Krueger and Son
- Take down delicate knick-knacks, pictures, figurines, etc. Vibration typical during roof removal could cause them to fall.
- Park away from the home during the project. There are typically 20,000 nails removed in a re-roof project. There will be nails on the ground, from time to time.
- Wherever possible, protect outdoor plantings. Please move patio furniture, flower pots, grills, etc. at least 15′ – 20′ away from the home to protect them.
- Mowing your lawn just prior to the installation of your new roof will help us pick up any stray nails.
- Please do not park in the area vacated by the dumpster until we can secure and clean that space. There may be nails present.
- Please remove any garden or landscaping lights since they can/will be damaged during the project.
- If you have pets, please pick up pet waste just prior to your project starting.
- If materials are delivered and placed on your lawn, it may turn yellow. In most cases 2-3 weeks of watering and it will come back.
- If your project is done in winter, a spring clean-up is normal. Please call us when your yard is free of snow to schedule a spring clean-up.